May 07 2019
Top 5 starting collectors watches
Here is a list of the best watches to consider to start your collection and spend less than $5000 a piece.
Perhaps the best-known luxury watch brand in the world, Rolex has many models to choose from. We shall examine two of them here.
- Rolex Speedking 6430 This is a classic piece from 1966 with a black and silver finish and a leather band that is nothing short of elegant but will make it through the crowded streets of any city unnoticed by all but a few. The Swiss-made mechanism is fitted into a 30mm polished stainless steel case that is water proof. It operates with manual winding, and it is a great first-approach watch.
- Rolex Submariner 14060 The quintessential diver’s watch, this Rolex can resist up to 300 meters when submerged in water. Besides this great feature, it has consistently been one of the brand’s best-selling watches since Rolex introduced the model back in the 1950s. It is a stunning piece and a safe investment.
This company is well-known for creating some of the most stylish and rare watches available.
- Omega Constellation 187.005 Another Swiss made piece that can go with you into almost any situation. This timepiece is a true rarity, finished in beautiful black and gold; it is classic and stylish enough to be worn in a fancy restaurant or paying your bus fare.
TAG Heuer is the leader in prestigious sports watches and chronographs since 1860.
- TAG Heuer Monaco WAW1310 If you want to feel like Steve McQueen racing your way through the world while wearing a classy square shaped water proof watch (the first of its kind), then this is the piece for you. This timepiece was first introduced in 1969 and has become a classic since then.
Specialists of technical watches and official supplier to aviation
- Breitling Navitimer World Chronograph Considered the ultimate traveler watch, it is as elegant as it is beautiful. It seems big with its 46mm case, but it bears a second red tipped arrow for use with another time zone. As an added feature, the brands engrave all of the major cities and their time zones on the back. The watch also has a 42-hour reserve, in case you are up in the air and cannot change batteries on the fly.
This is a brand that specializes in really tough pieces, even treating the steel to be more scratch-resistant.
- Sinn 856 A masterpiece in its own right, it resembles the watches worn by old time pilots with a sleek layout and the treatment to prevent scratches and other wear issues. "Embrace toughness and simplicity and look great while doing it," is this watch's motto.
As important as it is to be passionate about the pieces you collect, it is also important to go for the most secure investments, more so if you are a beginner. Remember that the best watches are those to come and the path to finding your niche and your perfect piece is never straight, so get started and enjoy the ride.